9.15.2010

Good news!

I'm sad that after tonight, I have to go back to work for the next three days :(
But that's okay because the last two days have gone really well. As of the last post I was waiting on two job positions and I found out from one of them that they want me! So I was able to put in my resignation at my job today which felt amazing!
So glad that I will be done with that place by next Thursday.
The position isn't my ideal job but its a M-F which will be a really nice change to have my evening and weekends available again. Now I just need to plan the rest of my schedule so I'm not bored the rest of the year.
UC Irvine starts back up in a week and its going to be so weird not going back to school. All the other roommates will be starting classes and I'm definitely jealous.
At least I will be starting two different classes with the Church on Wednesday and Friday nights. I feel like that will be a good way to fill some time.
The first day of the Wednesday bible study was tonight. It was a lot of fun! There was so much food, it was unbelievable. I really wish I had taken a picture of it with my phone ;P I ate so much!
It feels so good to get a good meal...I tend to not realize how broke I am until I go somewhere and get properly fed. The people at Church can cook!
Anyways, we got introduced to our small groups and went over the basics of how things are going to be run. It was a good first day and I'm looking forward to next week. We had a closing prayer and prayer requests and I got choked up when I tried talking about my parents and my grandpa which sucks because I hate crying in front of people, especially new people. Everyone was really nice about it though.
The second class starts on Friday and I am looking forward to that as well.
I want to volunteer somewhere and I know I should be looking for some non-profit organizations, so I can work on stuff for graduate school but I couldn't resist thinking about the sign I saw at Petsmart asking for volunteers for kitten care. That would be so much fun. I figure I they need someone in the evenings I could probably still do it and do something on weekends for a non-profit. I wanted to be busy right?? I think I might actually look into that afterall...
I am kind of nervous about starting the new job though. I hope that I don't get burnt out too quickly, especially since I'll be at this place for the next ten months or so.

Which gets me to thinking about graduate school again and my worries about what schools I'm going to get into and whether I'll be living in the Bay Area or in Sacramento or in Fresno or who knows where!
Then I start worrying about whether the boyfriend will be going to school nearby or not and I wish everything will just work out smoothly!
I know that I would be able to go to graduate school without him, but if we were to go to the same graduate school it definitely would be a plus! I mean we've never been apart for more than 2 weeks since I've started dating him :)

I'm glad for the break from school for a little bit, but at the same time I wish I knew where my life is heading. So much uncertainty about the next couple of years. All I know is that I will try my hardest to make sure the boyfriend and I get through these next couple of years because I can't picture my life without him.

I can't wait to start working full-time, get a full-time paycheck and be able to pay everything on time!!!
By my birthday I'll probably have a little extra money for clothes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment