11.11.2010

My days as a Working Girl are about to begin...

This week has been a crazy roller coaster. Just within the first two days I had major family drama and a job offer. Talk about a start to the new week!
What's exciting is that this is my last week of barely working part-time hours. Starting tomorrow and more officially next week, I will be a full time working girl for a marketing firm :)
Not only am I super excited, I am also very nervous. I haven't been in an office environment in years and I this is also my first "grown up" job since leaving college.
I feel like a new chapter in my life is opening up.
This job saved my butt. Not only will it help with the family drama, but I will be able to support my self and be fully independent. I am looking forward to these next six months of my life.
Especially once the GRE and graduate school applications are done.
Since I have been proscrastinating outrageously on my personal statements and GRE test prep, I will be taking this weekend as study time. Exciting ;)
On a more serious note.
It is kind of amazing the way God works in people's lives. I am not very good about praying and I have been struggling to figure out when and what God has planned for me. I feel like the struggling I have been through these last months are for a reason. I am just so thankful that this opportunity has been brought to me. I have been a little self-absorbed also and now that the stress in my life has lessened I need to put more focus into the rest of my family who needs help. I think that growing up has more to do then just graduating from school. There are definitely some more life lessons to learn.
Anyways,
Yay, for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment