12.06.2010

The Clock Keeps Ticking

I can't believe its already almost a month since I started working again. Time is going by really fast.
I still love it there. I got to decorate a real 6 foot noble fir on Friday and we had a bunch of cookies and snacks :)
I love coming in to work in the morning and smelling that christmas tree smell. Since I don't get to have a real tree in my apartment and I won't be home to decorate with  my parents, it was pretty awesome to get to decorate the work tree. I really miss being home during the holiday season. I'll be lucky to go home for the Christmas weekend. In my head, I was thinking, is it really worth driving home Christmas eve just to drive back that Sunday? Then I realized I would really miss seeing all my family, even with all their drama. :)
Except for the job, things haven't been going as I would have liked. The GRE is looming in my face and I still haven't registered or studied. I also only have two letters of recommendation now, instead of the required three.

So pretty much when I got home from work today I put on sweats and was going to be an alcoholic and make a martini but I changed my mind. I made fried rice instead.

 I guess it could be worse. I could be taking the GRE tomorrow, like my boyfriend.
He's working on a paper while I'm surfing the internet and blogging. 
Times like these, I don't miss school at all.
The time off is really nice. I feel like by the time I'm done applying and have worked almost a full year, I'll be ready to get back in to the swing of school again.
I'm not looking forward to the broke part of being a graduate student however.
I was looking at apartments in possible places that I could be living next summer. 
It will be really nice when I found out what city I'm moving to.

I watched Julie & Julia the other night. Its definitely one of my favorite movies. I wish I had something cool going on in my life that I could make a really fun blog about.
Oh well. I've definitely realized there's a lot of things about websites that I don't know about. The blogs that I subscribe to are so amazing, I don't know how they do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment